Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh, self obsessed Tyra..

Even if you don't really want to admit it, it's ok, we already know you were watching the premiere of America's Next Top Model last night.  I am woman enough to admit it, I have been a loyal viewer since pretty much the first season..err..I mean, cycle.. 
Btw..Does anyone even know why it's called a cycle? Is it to recap and promote, "Watch yet another season of wayyyy too many skinny bitches pms-ing, living in one house, and competing for a career in professional narcissism"?  Yea, I bet that's probably why it's called a cycle..

Anyhow, I do love this show. And when I say love, I actually mean for 1 hour a week (or last night's case 2 hours) I become distracted from things I should be doing and get stuck staring slack-jawed at my tv screen as if it's just been in some horrific car wreck.. Usually this hour is highlighted by me doing some obscene name calling and yelling at Tyra through my television about how she is such an eff'n moron.  The cheese seriously just drips off that woman, I don't know how she can even stand herself.

Last night's show ended up being pretty good... Ok, "good" might be a bit of a strong word, but the episode was somewhat bearable after they stopped acting like robots and chasing after each other like wildlife in an attempt to model running "fiercely".  Seriously, wtf was that about.

All that aside, I really am proud of the little tranny girl..boy..whichever.. Isis.  Her pic turned out really great, and you would never have even known she was actually a he in the photo.  I'm happy to see our pop culture is starting to somewhat reflect the real people out there in the world.  Times have changed and sexual identity crisis or not, Isis is proving herself to be pretty damn "fierce".

The rest of the show was filled with a bunch of the other girls being afraid of the tranny and going out of their way to be mean to he/her.  At this point, I kinda stopped paying attention until it was time to tell the first girls of Cycle 11, "I'm sorry, but you are not going to be America's Next Top Model".  One of those girls being the bright Harvard grad that majored in American Literature.  Who when asked to show Tyra how certain famous characters or writers might pose, she had NO idea who Tyra was even talking about.  Way to go Harvard, maybe you could also offer a course in educational retention.   

God, I love this show.  It makes me feel far more intelligent than I give myself credit for... 

And now for pure entertainment's value, here is a clip of Tyra at more than likely her finest self obsessed moment.  It's always about you Tyra, always about you.  

Do you wanna be on top?? 
Umm. No, thanks.  I think I'll pass on the free ride to Tyra's crazy town.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favourite is McKey :))

Agent | Em said...

i think it's called a cycle because there's more than one per year.
a season is only once a year.
mehhh

brit said...

that makes no sense though.. because there are 4 seasons in a year, so how can a season mean once a year? hmm... and if thats the case... then Bodog Fight was named all wrong.. haha.. 6 "seasons" in 2 years.. so what would that be called? oh right.. fuckin dumb.

im still sticking to my cycle explanation.. at least it makes sense. meh!