Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Noon is the new 9.

With recent changes to my job status, I've been doing a bit more thinking than usual.  I've come to a some conclusions which perhaps I was already slightly aware of, but maybe had not shared with others.

Here goes...

A)  I am NOT a morning person.  Despite my cheerful demeanor when I arrive to work, I would function much more willingly and efficiently if I were able to commence work at say... noon. And dressed in my pajamas or gym clothes. Thus allowing me to sleep in or run early morning errands whenever I felt like it.

B)  In the late I've gone a very random direction career-wise.  Just over a year ago I was working in a post production office for a Music label and TV shows, and somehow I've ended up a production manager for a design dept creating web ads for a gambling site?  And all within the same company.. I can't quite figure that one out.. especially being that my background and education lay in Event Production, Broadcast Journalism and Media Communications.. 
Hmm.?

C)  My next move will be as far away from online gaming as possible, as to never cross paths with it again even accidently.  Perhaps I should go work in a church or at a hospital or for a non profit organization, that would be the best way to handle that. Kidding.

D)  I have the attention span of an incredibly dumb puppy. Pretty much none at all. I can't focus long enough to read an email or to update a cover letter, but I sure can sit and type blogs for hours!!  Wait.. I guess that means, I can focus on things I want to do but don't give a shit about the things I should be doing.  Well.. I'm glad I cleared up that confusion.

E)  Oh.. and I am looking into a way to make money while I sleep.  I know there has to be a way, and I think I've almost figured it out.  I've always just seen those 6-8 hours I'm dead to the world as such a waste of time.  And time is money as they say.. Whoever "they" are...  So when I determine exactly how it is I will make cash to pay my bills as I peacefully slumber, I will let you know ;)

Now taking all into account I think it is apparent... I would be happiest working for myself.

No comments: