Sunday, August 31, 2008

One of Those Moments..

Today I was driving to go meet up with my trainer and I was behind this older blue van approaching  a traffic light in the middle of the highway. You know, the one on King George Hwy right before that little bridge thing on your way to White Rock.  That light.  Anyhow, the van pulled through the late yellow and I stopped at the red light.  And all of a sudden I had one of those "holy shit I totally forgot about that" memories....

When I was 15, my boyfriend at the time and I were driving to White Rock to go meet up with some friends.  He had just put insurance on his car that day.  I totally remember it was this 198o- something blue Skylark, so pimp..heh.  We were driving down that same part of the highway when a blue van EXACTLY the same as the one in front of me today, slammed on its brakes at that EXACT red light.  Unfortunately for us, that van didn't run the late yellow, it stopped dead. My bf didn't see it coming and we smashed right into the back of it!

Luckily no one was hurt, well nobody except my bf's pride.  He hadn't even had his car insured for half a day when he pretty much wrote it off with his gf in the passenger seat! Poor guy..
I remember him being so worried his mom would find out and get pissed at him, so he left his car for a few days at his friend's house and went all the way out to Chilliwack to find a new front end grill for the car before anyone noticed..  In the end it worked, for awhile, I think it was a few months until his mom actually found out about the accident.  Might have been because the replacement grill was a totally different color than the car was... At least he pulled it off for awhile.

Lessons learned, don't ever trust blue vans driving anywhere near you.  And don't even bother trying to lie to or hide anything from your mother, because she is your mother, and mothers are like female inspector gadgets and are way smarter than you think.. They ALWAYS eventually find out what really happened.  

No comments: